View Single Post
Old
08-29-2010, 01:03 AM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadows View Post
Macleish was a playoff Monster. you will get no argument from me there. In fact, Macleish was better in the playoffs than Jagr ever was. Such a formidable clutch two way forward.

Parent was also a playoff Monster in his peak. No argument from me. His 2 Smythe's speak for themselves. Better than Jagr ever was.

Leach is somewhat of a darkhorse. He had 1 spectacular playoff run better than anything Jagr ever did. The only forward to ever win the Smythe on a losing team.

But I would still take Clarke's shutting down of opposing teams top lines and PK presence on my team while providing very good offense in the playoffs if I were drafting. Not to mention his Heart and soul leadership, tenacity, and willingness to do anything to win.

Granted I do rank Jagr slightly ahead. But let's not try to sell Clarke short here.
Well as long as we are not selling Clarke short here let's not over sell him as well.

The hockey news top 100 in 1998 had him at 30th and I would probably rank him a bit lower than that today as well although that list has it's problems as well.

Look my 1st jersey was number 16 from Philly and i grew up and live in Vancouver that's how much i loved the guy as a kid but if we put some perspective on his career and context as well he is not as great as you are making him out to be IMO and not as good as Foppa overall if you take their entire careers in consideration or are you even considering Foppa's international play at all here when comparing the 2 players?

Just wondering?

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote