View Single Post
Old
08-30-2010, 01:00 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

vCash: 500
Unfortunately, shooters are not this organization's depth. Frankly at the forward position, they have Brunette, Koivu, Latendresse, Havlat, and a truckload of interchangeable/replaceable players. (No comment on Cullen; I'm just not familiar enough with his play.) Since Havlat seems to have decided to act like a playmaker as of late, that leaves Latendresse as the only legitimate shoot-first forward on the team who's really top-six talent––and this is all assuming his performance last year was not a fluke, which is completely untested. Plus the Wild would be crazy to break up the Havlat-Latendresse combo. Why we haven't seen a Havlat-Koivu-Latendresse line, I have no idea. (No, seriously; I imagine there's a reason for it, as I'm sure I'm not the first person with that idea, but I'd be really grateful if someone could tell me what it is.) My point is, the organization is stacked with playmakers, and it's almost a luxury the Wild can't afford to avoid making a line of three playmakers at some point.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote