View Single Post
Old
08-30-2010, 06:48 AM
Injektilo

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Injektilo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterqvist24 View Post
Different blade lengths or differences in the profile of the skate are not reasons to skip out on a good pair of skates, especially if the price is right. It's called adjusting. Sure, you might not be able to put them on and skate like you did in your broken in, fully acclimated previous pair, but if you just skate in them for a few weeks you'll forget about the old skates and adjust to any differences in the new ones, as long as the fit is correct.

Yeah, problem is that I wore my old (263mm) bladed skates this summer once, and my skating ability was greatly diminished, at least when it came to skating backwards, which is kinda key for a Dman. I can adjust to shorter blades, but not completely, I don't think. My skating improved by a good 15-20% just with the slightly longer blades, IMO. I guess it could have been something else, like the stiffness of the boot...

The rest of the fit was fine, I'm mostly worried about the length of the blade and how much it affects my skating. I know a smaller blade would make me a bit more maneuverable, but I'm sure I'd have some trouble with skating backwards.

Injektilo is offline   Reply With Quote