Old
08-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
disagree 100%

Christensen is better suited to play 1st line Center than Dubi is.

Dubinsky is not that great of a center. Not one that I would have any comfort playing on my top line.

His hockey sense off the wing is so much higher than it is manning the center position.

Dubi may be the better overall player, but EC is a better offensive talent than Brandon is and EC is better at the playmaking aspects of the game that are needed from your #1 center.

Neither is a great option for the #1 job, but if I absolutely had to choose one or the other for my #1 center spot, EC would be that player.

10 out of 10 times.
Which EC are we talking about? The docile, fragile, unsure Christensen? Or the one we saw flashes of last season?

Christensen can move the puck. That's the only thing he's got going for him. He's weak on face-offs, weak along the boards, average defensively, and doesn't create plays for his teammates on a consistent basis.

I'm not on the EC bandwagon like others here. There's a big reason why he was bounced around.

Dubinsky may not work as well with Gaborik, but he's the superior player. If your logic is based off of chemistry, then I would say you got the right idea in your head. But things change pretty quick so nothing should be set in stone, especially with Torts at the helm of things. He changes things up too quick as-is.

I think everyone on this team will have a fair opportunity of making this team. Torts isn't going to play favorites imo. He wants to win. He's going to try and put the best team on the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist4Vezina View Post
What's the point for this?
Point is pretty obvious. It's yet another low risk/high reward scenario with a young player who ultimately belongs in the NHL. It's a good signing, even if Kennedy plays mostly in Hartford. Kids up there need competent players to help them grow. Hartford was awful last season. Terrible, in fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
For the people who are confused or unimpressed by the signing, Kennedy had 67 points in 73 AHL games before making the jump. Comparitely, Anisimov had 80 in 81. Last year, in their rookie years, Anisimov put up 12-16-28 and Kennedy put up 10-16-26. He's a good young player and definitely worth having on the roster.
Agreed. It's almost idiot-proof.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote