Thread: Hockey Stop
View Single Post
Old
08-30-2010, 02:07 PM
ChiTownHawks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr580 View Post
Also, if you're off balance try keeping your shoulders pointed to where you're going to keep your momentum going forward. I see alot of people turn their shoulders along with their hips and just end up doing a sharp turn on accident. Also, try both sides a bit to see which one clicks first. I spent alot of time trying to stop on my right side but got absolutely nowhere... then one day I decided to try left foot forward and I got it down in 5 minutes.
This is a good thread for me as I am basically in the same boat. I have been skating since last winter, but I just joined organized adult ice hockey lessons this month. Anyways what you described above is what happens to me every time I try to stop. Instead of sliding across the ice I do a quick turn and one of my coaches told me I am overcompensating and turning too much. So what you are saying is that I need to just turn my ankles and keep my shoulders kind of pointing forward? I need so much help in this category b/c I can skate well and I have a pretty good shot, but not being able to stop is really killing my confidence. Anymore advice would be appreciated.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote