Thread: OT: Music
View Single Post
Old
08-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Augscura

vCash: 500
Music

Much like hockey, Music is a huge part of my life. Not just listening, but playing music too. I picked up a guitar just over a year ago and it has changed my life. I personally enjoy metal and most of its sub-genres. My favorite has to be Techy/Prog like stuff. Bands like Mirrorthrone, Opeth, Augury, Ihsahn, The Faceless, Obscura, Between The Buried And Me, Psycroptic, Gojira. I could go on and on.

Even though I prefer metal, I respect many genres of music that display some sort of musicianship. Jazz is another great genre that I am getting into. I feel Metal and Jazz or so diverse and flow with so many other genres so well. That's why we have so many sub-genres among those two because they can branch off and mix with so many different styles and sound good. The only music I don't like is most alternative rock, pop, rap, and country. For the most part, those genres are very one dimensional and there is no learning curve to it. I like to be challenged when listening to music. I like to go back and discover something new in a song that I have listened to many times. I like a lot of layers and depth in the music I listen to and I don't feel those genres have that at all but that is just my opinion.

Was just wondering what other people listen to and if there are any other Islander fans who play instruments and what music you prefer.

Augscura is offline   Reply With Quote