View Single Post
Old
08-31-2010, 12:09 AM
VMBM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
I'll jump in with this one. MacLeish did score the Cup winning goal in 1974 - the only goal of that game. He did come up big when it mattered. Not to mention other times like the Soviet/Flyers game. I don't think even if a person felt MacLeish outperformed Clarke in the three long playoff runs he was a a part of (1974, '75, '80) that it would be an insult to Clarke either. MacLeish brought it back then and I think injuries cost him a chance at the HHOF
No, it's not an insult, it's all good But I still think Clarke was excellent in that game too (http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...19586880838682). Especially in the 3rd period, where even Orr and the Bruins' powerplay are rendered ineffective, no little thanks to "Clarkie". Esposito got measly 3 points in the series. Gilbert Perreault only 2 points in 1975. Whether it was Parent, MacLeish, Clarke or even Shero who was the most responsible for that, I don't know.

Okay, that's my two cents on Clarke for now; I really can't even stand him as a person! Slowly but surely he has become one of my favourite players though...

VMBM is offline   Reply With Quote