View Single Post
Old
08-31-2010, 11:57 AM
Ribban

vCash: 500
National Anthem bumming out the fans?

Knowing better than to believe the evening papers, I still have to ask this question.
Apparently, Peter Gudmundson is suggesting that the national anthem shouldn't be part of the countdown for every game in the SEL. The quote below doesn't show it, but earlier in the article he had been quoted to rationalize that the anthem caps the enthusiasm of the fans, unless I severly misunderstod what he meant.

As such, I don't go to a lot of SEL games becasue I live in the States, so I ask you guys for your opinion about this. Maybe it's because I have lived overseas for so long and the Star Spangeled Banner is heard before EVERY single game in any sport here that I think Gudmundson's suggestion is idiotic, to put it nicely. However, I understand that the culture and view on patriotism is different, so I'm intrigued to hear your thoughts on this.

------------
Quote from Aftonbladet:

Peter Gudmundson har sin åsikt klar.

– Personligen tycker jag att den ska bort. Det räcker om vi spelar den vid speciella tillfällen, säger Hockeyligans vd Peter Gudmundson.

Men Linköpings starke och kontroversielle pamp, Mike Helber, får svårt att prata när han hör att nationalsången är på väg bort.

– Jag vill ha den kvar. Den skapar stämning i arenan och jag kommer att rösta för att den ska vara kvar. Jag tycker att nationalsången är ett bra sätt att hedra sitt land och eftersom jag kommer från USA anser jag att patriotism är viktigt, säger Helber.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote