Thread: Speculation: This is why players love Nashville
View Single Post
Old
08-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Rush11

vCash: 500
Trotz played in the men's league at Southern Ice during the lockout. He was great. He would come to our bench and talk to us instead of going to his own bench between periods.

Vern Fiddler played in a game during the summer a few years ago. I told him that our team would offer him more money to play for us. He laughed and responded, "Yeah, I guess I'm a free agent down here."

Me and my buddies were at Eddie George's after a game when the Preds just picked up Jim McKenzie. He was waiting for someone who wasn't there yet. We recognized him as he walked past us, so he hung out with us until the other person arrived. As excited as we were to talk with him, you could tell that he liked having people to talk to while he was waiting (in a new city).

I'm a pharmacist and work for a chain pharmacy in the area. I get players in from time to time. They are always willing to talk hockey and don't appear bothered at all.
Once I had a young player (high draft choice making good money) complain that his prescription was $65. It made me laugh because many Americans pay that much and don't make near the money that he was making (This was pre-lockout. The players now have great prescription insurance).

I have a Tootoo story from his rookie year that I'll have to post later...

Rush11 is offline   Reply With Quote