Thread: OT: Music
View Single Post
Old
08-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Strummergas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
It's shaping up as the college blast from the past fall. Lou Barlow (tomorrow), Mudhoney, Belle & Sebastian, and - my personal favorite - Teenage Fanclub. I'll be going to their show on the 27th - the second concert I've been to since my daughter was born (the first was the Posies). I'm not a big fan of B & S, or outdoor concerts, so I'll skip the waterfront show. Going to any of these?

The real bummer this year was that I had tickets to see Big Star at Bell House, but had to shed them due to work travel. And then Alex Chilton friggin' dies. What a bummer.

Cheers,

Dan-o
I was considering Teenage Fanclub and Mudhoney but I don't have tickets at the moment. I don't really like Belle & Sebastian and I've seen Lou Barlow recently so I'll be skipping those shows.

That Big Star show was unbelievable, especially in the wake of Alex Chilton dying a few months later. I almost didn't get to go! I procrastinated buying the tickets and then the show sold out. Luckily my friend had 2 extras and I was able to go with him. There was also a tribute to Alex at City Winery a few weeks ago which was great too. Yo La Tengo, Jon Spencer, Chris Stamey, Marshall Crenshaw, Ronnie Spector, Dan Kroha, Jesse Malin, members of The Box Tops (and of course) Jon Auer and Jody Stephens all performed. Others were there too but the names escape me at the moment.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote