Old
08-31-2010, 03:06 PM
FytinSioux
Blackhawksssssss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Interesting post!

2nd line duties at ND? They do need some scoring.

I gotta agree that I think particularly Nelson will be a bit over his head at North Dakota. Still scrawny and heading to a program that often has 15 forwards of fairlyyyyy similar quality duking it out for playing time. Although I have NO idea how good the kid is, would Little Toews have left the NCAA had he gone to another solid program that offered more opportunity?

In any case, I suspect Bjugstad and Lee will have the most impact on their respective programs, both of which had disappointing seasons last year.
I think Nelson will do just fine at UND. The coaching staff does a good job at developing the younger skilled guys. The same scrawny arguement was brought up about Kristo a year ago, and look at the season he had, albeit as a winger. We once again have wingers with size, so if Nelson's size is an issue, then maybe his wingers will be asked to do the dirty "center" work in the offensive zone until he puts on some muscle. As for David Toews, he had every opportunity to prove himself. He came in little and scrawny, and was easily knocked off the puck. Last year he showed signs that he could play, but was extremely streaky, and simply was not good enough to crack the lineup night in and night out. I don't think he would have blossomed at another D1 lineup, but I could be wrong.

FytinSioux is offline   Reply With Quote