View Single Post
Old
09-01-2010, 12:44 PM
ndgolden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
Wow. Just wow. Did i wrong you or something?

Never said Lee made a bad choice. Never said he was over or under rated. With players like Lee you just need time. I am not going to get exited about one year. You can if you choose. It hurt his ranking. Not his devolpment. USHL is just fine. Would you rather have a 19 year old have NHL success, NCAA success, CHL success, or USHL success. Lee dominated the lowest level of competiton for his age level. Its good he dominated.

I watched Lee alot in high school.

He was a guy that relied on a lot of physical tools. He was just bigger stronger and could bully his way any where he wanted. Its a great trait. But hard to judnge just how far it will get him.

Lowering your head and crashin the net is not the best asset at #1 on your list. There were questions about his passing, descion making and all around hockey sense. He was a QB in HS and ran the option. He kept the ball most of the time, but did lead the state in TDs as well.

His USHL were great. Many great USHL players are gone after their draft year. Last year should have been Lee's freshmen year of college. They are outstanding numbers but many in his class were in college. Leddy, LeBlac, Kreider, Buddish, Palmeiri and so on.

He was a guy IMO that just had enough qustions to make him fall. Where was his heart. Several rumors that he wanted to go major D1 football but would play major D1 hockey before lower D1 football. Once other players caught him physicaly would be just an Erik Rasmussen type? I was surprised he fell that far. After a year in college the picture will really play out. Either he can be a powerforward or he is just a big boy on skates.

All i have said about Lee is. I want to wait and see. Thats all. Not bashing. The majority of NHL teams, by drafting, think the same way.

I get you agenda too. Derriere!

Its not to late to change your name to " Captain Blow it Out of Porportion."
How about a friendly wager then to lighten things up. Keeping the original Bjugstad-Nelson-Lee thread in mind. All three are going to begin their respective college careers here shortly. Yourself and a few other friends expressed doubt Lee should even be mentioned with B&N.

I will wager ever posting on this forum again, if Bjugstad or Nelson post a more productive year than Lee. That wager should be easy for you to take. And if the stars align for Mr. Lee having a more productive season than the other two, you will retire yourself from sharing anymore insightful thoughts.......

Should be easy since Coach Jackson at ND plays a very defensive system.

"Captain blow it out of proportion guy"

ndgolden is offline   Reply With Quote