09-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
OK

Maybe it's just me but it came across differently

I do not get the impression Brule has been hampered in any way in his development. I also can't see what we would have done to make him any better

So far Brule looks like a 3rd line player.

We've been burned a lot drafting WHL forwards. I expected him to be considered at the time but I was not too crazy about taking Brule. The Price pick surprised me, but all second guessing aside, I think we did alright
Anyway, we're going off topic, not that it would be that problematic..., but I'll say that one point where I mentioned Brule should be very careful with is that, his pinball attitude might have worked fine with smaller guys, but he had to be really careful with that in the pros.....Chances are either he didn't listened, either they didn't told him, but he tried it and got injured immediately at the start of his career. But first and foremost, he most DEFINATELY would have needed at least 1 year in the AHL. He didn't. Brule was never a defensive king, so he had to learn that game in the AHL. Also would have needed to be stronger overall. Instead, he went from bottom lines to no icetime in the NHL, playing a lot with less than 10 minutes a game with bottom liners from Columbus, Hitchcock playing in his head etc.

Being more careful with him, with the proper training, would have made him a fine NHL'er.

But anyway, like I mentioned, while I was totally furious of the Price pick, picking Price has nothing to do with him. The guy has the talent and the skills to be a top 5 pick.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote