View Single Post
Old
09-01-2010, 02:02 PM
headliner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Well I had to listen to this game on the radio. The Leafs were in the playoffs and actually playing the same nights. No TV of the Habs series until the Leafs were eliminated.

Oddly enough I had to listen to the game on Boston 1030 WBZ, which was a clear channel 50,000 watt station. I can still remember the huge shift in attitude as the game wore on. It went from laugher to we wuz robbed

It was one of the single most gratifying games I ever listened too. To this day I still resent that the game was not available on TV. Imagine that crap happening today

Most memorable quote that came out once the series was over: "That was the shortest ****ing dynasty I ever saw" John Ferguson
I was in Grade 8. Like you, I had to watch the Leafs-Rangers game that night (the game in which Vic Hadfield threw Bernie Parent's mask into the crowd.)

I met Beliveau about three years ago, and I asked him about that game. I mentioned to him that Frank Mahovlich is quoted as saying that he'd never seen the kind of leadership Beliveau displayed that night. I asked him, "Did you say something before the third period...what happened?"

Big Jean grinned widely, and said, "Well, maybe it was because I went out in the third and scored two quick goals to make it 5-4."

Plus assisted on Fergie's winner.....

headliner is offline   Reply With Quote