View Single Post
Old
10-03-2003, 02:13 PM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilswell
You make some good points and I fully agree many problems may arise. The amount of ice time, however, other than 1st line PP time, I still can't see a problem.

Forsberg, Sakic, and Hejduk have been averaging about 20 minutes a game. Kariya used to average 25 but he's been dropping every year and last year he was averaging 20. These minutes factor in OT. Say they do demand a lot of ice time. I could still see them each dropping to 17-18 mins/non-OT game without issues. This means about 34-36 minutes per game for top line material with the bottom two lines splitting the remaining 14-16 minutes.

What coach would say to a Kariya-Sakic-Selanne line: "sorry, I can't give you more than 14 minutes a game because I have to put on the Aubin line". Maybe you have disgruntled third/fourth liners, but is that the big deal?

I can't even imagine what Keenan would do.
Hmm, good points. I guess you're right on a number of issues. I still think there is the potential for major problems with ice time, but I can see how it shouldn't be a problem if handled correctly. The corollary is, of course, that Colorado has an inexperienced coach handling this situation. Can Granato successfully utilize his forward talent, or will the team end up vastly underachieving?