View Single Post
Old
09-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Joe Cole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Habs "might" be morally obliged .... People are going with what they know. And the end result is what matters unless you happen to have those kind of inside infos.
You are an optimist I think people go with what they are told, had repeated a bunch of times...and at one point, facts or no facts, THAT becomes the truth.

Quote:
Well you are obviously not talking about the draft in that regards. Then, if positions are offered to players or coaches, well if we know about it, it won't be held against them.
If a free agent refuses, he has to wear the red mark of shame (like Briere), but somehow.... it is the Habs fault anyways.

Quote:
But it has to start by offering them the positions. In my case IF they deserve it and could do the job not solely because of the language they speak.
There is affirmative action for Quebec born people with the Habs, that we know. How effective it is, how much the team enforces it... that is the debate.

In my mind, best man for the job period. It is not the government. It is a PRO hockey team that I watch for entertainment, not as a source of personal identification. My belief is that a pro hockey team is NOT a cultural identifier, it is entertainment. Leave the identification to the team that represents the Country/Province/City in amateur/olympic competitions.

Again, just my opinion.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote