View Single Post
Old
09-03-2010, 10:18 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
it is. ballard made the same mistakes over and over. and mccabe doesn't have to look around to see if he's the only person at the point. he IS. holy ****. and that has no bearing on whether he can or can't move in and of itself. that's all situation-dependent. Dmen slide down into the O-zone all the time (in case you just started watching hockey)..
Wait...are you saying a defenseman doesn't have to look around to check on his positioning in relation to his mates?
Are you also saying that being the last defenseman back has no bearing on whether or not to pinch?
...oh, you said it's situation dependent. The situation was he was the only one between the other team and Vokoun, and he pinched...and they scored.
I just started wactching yesterday, there was a replay of the Phillies and Boston the other day, Philly scored in the 4th quarter to win.
So excuse my novice for asking for your advice on whether or not you think it's a good idea to a D-man to slide into the O-zone, not all the time, but in the particular situation that is being discussed.

Quote:
i'm sure there are plenty of others that remember when that count reached 5-6. maybe they'll chime in. perhaps you ducked out of the discussion at those most embarrassing moments? .
Nope, I was here defending him. <means what it shows, not "sarcasm" LOL

Quote:
i'll concede something i didn't see or was wrong about. but i'll make a fuss about something that doesn't make any sense to me if you don't provide any decent reasoning. and you haven't. sorry.
So...did you or did you not see/remember the play? (I really didn't have to ask to know, I just want to see if you'll admit it here...)
What doesn't make sense? I'll try to explain it.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote