Old
09-03-2010, 12:06 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I have a question for you... Does the FiOS cablebox stretch the SD broadcast of the games to fit the whole screen? With Cablevision, if you were wataching a SD (standard definition) feed, it was 4:3 picture format with the black bars (letterboxing) on the sides... If you changed the setting on the cablebox to stretch the picture, it looked clearly distorted and wasn't worth it.... However with Verizon FiOS, I'm noticing that some of the non-HD channels are coming through in 16:9 widescreen format but the picture isn't distorted and the quality is pretty good.....

I could live with that if the same situation applied to the games... What I won't be happy about is having to watch the games in 4:3 picture format because you see so much less of the ice surface....
Nope.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote