View Single Post
Old
09-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Max Levine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
have to disagree with this part of the article....

Armed with his new six-year deal and with the weight of the world now off Plekanecís shoulders, how could the 27-year-old center not be breathing a sigh of relief heading into his ninth NHL campaign

I don't think playing in Montreal with a 80% raise over his previous salary is going to make Plek's feel like weight has been taken off his shoulders..if anything weight has been added...but I feel like Plek's is the type who can handle it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I found that comment to be a little strange myself. With this new contract Plekanec is now thrust into the spotlight and will be expected to preform at a certain level.
There's got to be a lot of pressure on a 26-year old playing the last year of his contract, especially since that contract was only a one-year deal. This was the future of his career which he has secured for the next six years.

I don't see how Plek could feel as much pressure the next season because of the contract he just signed. No different than Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri or anyone else making $5M +. If anything, he'd be more relaxed knowing he belongs on this team for a long while.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote