View Single Post
Old
09-03-2010, 04:16 PM
willie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
DL and I say no thanks.
As far as I know, I've never seen anything on record to the effect that DL had serious issues with Patty. He simply dealt him in order to acquire one of his man crushes in Williams. Correct me if I`m wrong but the trade seemed more a pull-factor trade (getting the guy they wanted) as opposed to a push-factor trade. (getting rid of O'Sullivan)

Inviting him to camp would be a no-lose situation. If he doesn't fit, let him go. If he meshes with the lineup and guys like Smyth take him under their wing, then you've got a top-6 talent for what would surely be a cheap deal. I know he has issues but there is no doubting his talent to be a top-6 forward. There is also no doubting this team is still lacking in the skill department. He also showed in his tenure as a King a willingness to get grittier and play in dirty areas as well as improve his two-way game. The guy is coachable.

It's just a thought but I can't see how you can lose by simply inviting him to camp and giving him one more opportunity with the organization.