View Single Post
Old
09-04-2010, 09:01 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I'm sorry there hasn't been an opening for a guy like Byers? C'mon unless I really don't understand his game he can bring the same as Brash, Shelley, or Boogie. Has Dupont ever even been considered for a call up? I don't think so.

What i'm getting at here is I feel this list is weaker than the ones we did the last 3-4 years. But now everyone seems to think we have the best group of kids we ever had.
Different ways of looking at them I guess. My POV is our top 6 should all play. There's a very good chance that all of Kreider, Stepan and MZA will be top 6 forwards. A pretty good chance that Grachev will as well and McDonagh should make the team this year and be an important player for us a long time. McIlrath needs more developement but a guy with his size and mean streak is going to play. Add them to younger players like Dubinsky, Anisimov, Callahan, Staal and Del Zotto etc. and we're not in bad shape and a few of the others off the list should make it in some capacity as well. IMO if 2-3 prospects make the team and some kind of impact each year you're prospect development is doing fine. The Rangers pretty much are set up to accomplish that.

Our prospect list might not be the best but it's a long long way from the worst.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote