Old
10-03-2003, 03:23 PM
Mathieu Lavergne
AKA Saku K.

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Mathieu Lavergne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Wicked. Langdon and Begin make us a harder team to play against. I love it.

Great moves by Gainey. Our team is already rugged on the backend, now our forward lines are starting to fill out.

The smaller players will have more confidence knowing Langdon is around, plus he can play the game. He won't hurt you out there.
I always criticized Savard for not bringing more 4th liner/role players as I think they are more valuable to a team than he thought.

As a big fan of Bill Lindsay, I am very happy to see Begin being claimed by the Habs. While a bit under-sized, he plays hard every shifts, hits everything that moves and loves to get under the opponent's skin, don't look for offence though. He's always been a bubble player who had to fight for ice time, but a player like Begin is what I wanted to see on our 4th line.

Langdon is a really gritty team player and good fighter but he is not intimidating or a big hitter. I disagree when you said he won't hurt you on the ice, I do think he has very limited skills and can'tr play a regular shift. I was hoping for an upgrade over Dwyer and Langdon is definitely that. He is not a heavyweight but certainly can win a fight even against the top heavyweiights in the league and do the physical dirty work. He will bring more respect than Dwyer that is for sure.

I am surprised to see the Habs picking up two players but I like both and I hope it won't hurt the kids deserving to play in this league. It adds much needed toughness and grit to the team.

A step in the right direction, keep up the good work M. Gainey!