View Single Post
Old
09-05-2010, 05:37 AM
MS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
And sadly for Canada, if you read the tea leafs it seems like, striker, Teal Bunbury (son of a former Canadian international) is waiting for a call up to the US. Though he isn't ready yet, I could see him being a starter for Canada within a year or 2.
Ah, Bunbury. Loved Vic Rauter calling his goals.

I'm not even surprised when this happens anymore, although thinking about the Begovic situation still pisses me off. The guy is the best goaltending prospect the country has produced in ages, you know he has the option of playing for Bosnia, and you never stick him in for a half of action during his several callups to cement his position? And of course then lose him.

Although I suppose some 'good news' would be that Jonathan de Guzman's career has kind of stalled in Europe due to injuries and his getting a callup to the Dutch team seems less likely than it used to, so maybe he comes back into the picture at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
I don't understand why he didn't call Gerba. He is on form and has scored at an impressive rate for Canada.
Fair call. Anything other than Rob Friend looks great at this point. I know Gerba's domestic has been spotty (at best) but as long as he keeps scoring internationally, who cares?

MS is offline   Reply With Quote