Thread: SCSU Huskies
View Single Post
Old
09-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo View Post
Your goaltending meaning Mike Lee with his terrible goals against average against the Sioux? I think his goals against in games against us is at about a 5.

It completely baffles me that people knock our goaltending. I know stats don't tell the whole story, but there's a reason Eids was an all-conference pick 2 consecutive years and is statistically one of the nations better returning goaltenders. He's not going to be all-world goalie, but he doesn't have to be... he just needs to stop what the defense can't.
Yeah Lee struggled at times, we also have Dan Dunn though, who knocked off the Sioux twice last season and was also an all-conference pick last season. It's not just about beating you guys though and we likely have the top duo in the conference, if not one of the best in the nation.
I'm also not saying Eidsness is a bad goaltender, just that I think our goaltending will be better this season.

People also tend to knock goaltending when they don't do well in the NCAA tournament, when it matters, and Eidness has not done well in his two starts.

Last edited by Rabid Husky: 09-05-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Rabid Husky is offline   Reply With Quote