View Single Post
09-05-2010, 05:27 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I think you have to draw the line between world-class talent and world-class player. Van Persie is definitely a world-class talent, but I can't call him a world-class player because he's not durable and you need durability to be a world-class player.

Kaka is still a top-class player. He was phenomenal for a number of years at Milan and I thought he did decently at Madrid considering he was out of position most of the time. Can't say the same for Benzema who was given every chance to succeed last year and just didn't get it done.
Kaka is top class and yet he had an even worse season. And he had a poor one before that too.
Kaka was a top player 3 or 4 years ago. Benzema was a highlight reel for two years, and that was only a year ago.

And about the league stuff, Benzema scored 12 goals in 19 Champions' League games between age 18 and 22. Does that count as "poor" competition?

He scored more goals at age 21 in Ligue 1 than Drogba ever scored at any age.
But yeah, I'm sure I'll hear how Drogba became a good player only when he signed that Chelsea contract.

Well, no, he was good before, it took him a while to get used to a new environment, just like Benzema.

Evilo is online now   Reply With Quote