Old
09-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Okay, I laughed at that last sentence.

But you're actually wrong. If a 35+ contracted player dies, his cap hit doesnt leave. Obviously he'd be LTIR'd, but the contract doesnt come off the books. The team is just allowed to exceed the cap by that amount until it does.
I knew they still had to pay out the contract (which is good for the player's family, of course, especially in situations where the guy is making 650K, not 6.5M) but that is a surprising and circuitous way to handle the cap situation. Thanks for clearing that up though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Sorry, no desperation at all and no bungling. He did want he wanted to do and we still have some cap room too.

I'm looking forward to a great season with the kick arse team we've got, rather than cowering under my bed crapping my pants in fear of giant penguins or the Sabres farm system.....
The Sabres are still beat, Pens are just OK. It's a big league though, especially when your goal is to win it ALL. I'm not nearly as harsh as some folks here but failure to address the goalie situation and shuffling the deck as we did was running in place at best. And what cap room? Our cap number is about $59M, you want to head into the season with 1M-2M available JUST to accommodate roster move flexibility. To think we have the capacity to sign someone without making a subtraction is wishful at best.

Andrew Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote