View Single Post
Old
09-06-2010, 08:09 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

vCash: 500
There's little point in releasing his rights. The Lightning can have 50 players under contract, and hold another 30 unsigned rights. There's plenty of room.

Given the latest statement, I'm more sure than ever it's just a matter of him not having the personal drive to put in the effort needed to really succeed in the NHL.

I've put it together (perhaps incorrectly) that since Ranger's personal issue is commitment, telling the other players eventually about it, would lower him in their eyes. No matter what he'd do, it wouldn't be enough, because they'd think he's not going 100%.

Better for them to think that he's a victim of circumstances "beyond his control".

I think he should come back. Even if he flops, he's made it this far, and from the looks of it, not-playing hasn't reinvigorated him. New coach, new management. Perfect opportunity, given his age.

So he may be a fringe player or a minor leaguer, big deal. Realistically, he'll never get a chance to make so much money so quickly again. I can think of worse.

Consider this a sabbatical.

Only thing is, we'll be expecting a book. "Out of the Range: My year away from hockey and what's it's taught me about life." by Paul Ranger.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 09-06-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote