Thread: Prospect Info: Flyers HF Top 20 prospects
View Single Post
Old
09-06-2010, 07:59 PM
blah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I'm specifically referring to our recent prospect ratings which I find to be somewhat ridiculous, I'm still waiting to hear how marginal guys like Nodl and Testwuide have Kris Draper potential.

Of course, I think HF gives out far too many 7s in general and then hides behind the "he didn't reach his potential" excuse.

I can say with 99% certainty that Testwuide will never exceed or even reach a Draper/Yelle level and it's not because he didn't reach his potential, it's simply because he's not good enough. I think the same probably goes for Wellwood.
What is the fixation with Draper? Guys like him and Madden are rarities. In their primes, they were both amazinginly good at a specific role, and still are pretty good at it. They weren't average 3rd liners by any stretch.

Nodl can absolutely be a solid 3rd liner if he puts it all together. And that's what these rankings rank. The potential of prospects to reach their ceiling.

There's a 99% chance that no prospect will reach their full potential. Few players reach the level of a Draper, Madden, or even Yelle. That does not mean that they don't have the potential to reach that level. Things happen. We're talking about prospects. Most of which are still kids.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote