Thread: Waiver Draft
View Single Post
Old
10-03-2003, 04:09 PM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeminus
Keefe's so-called "baggage" is 2 years behind him. The kid moved on well before last summer and his attitude's been stellar ever since. Last year despite the fact that he deserved to crack the lineup, he got sent down and played with heart in AHL Springfield, scoring at close to a point-per-game pace. Never pouted.

He's a diminutive pest in the mold of a Theo Fleury or a Darcy Tucker, though obviously he hasn't fully developed yet. He lights up the scoresheet in the minors, just as he did in juniors (former OHL scoring leader), but he hasn't shown consistent offensive production at the NHL level -- although it can be argued that's because he's never had the luxury of settling into any one role for longer than a week at a time. Still, he's effective as an energy player, throwing his body around and getting under the opposition's skin. Since he's a versatile role-player, he can take shifts at RW or C on pretty much any line. His skating has improved the past couple of seasons, as has his play away from the puck. But Keefe's biggest obstacle (obviously) will always be his lack of size, which makes him easy to muscle off the puck. If he can learn to use his low center of gravity to his advantage, like, say, Marty St. Louis, he'll be stronger for it.

I think you'll like him. Good pickup. We're really sorry to see him go.
As a Ranger fan I love the move but it sucks we lost Petrovicky, he played with heart. I wish they would expose Simon and protect Petro, and why did u guys claim Darren Rumble ahl dman ahead a player with potential? It made no sense