Thread: Langdon a Habs
View Single Post
Old
10-03-2003, 04:12 PM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Need to trade some !

Even if Plekanek and Higgins are send down to Hamilton, the team has still 16 forwards (including injured Koivu and Kilger). They surely won't start the season with more than 14 forwards and 7 d-men.

Assuming that Ryder & Ward won't be sent down without going thru waivers (and risking losing them), Gainey will have to deal a couple of vets to make some room. Some people think that Dwyer is among those who could be cut. I would prefer Gainey to deal Juneau and Dackell, and if he is really lucky to find a trading partner, Perreault and Audette.

Maybe with the right package, the Habs can get Primeau from the Flyers or Laperrière from the Kings, both UFA next spring. Then we will start to have a centre line with some talent and grit - Koivu,Ribeiro, Primeau or Laperrière and Bégin + Kilger who can play left wing too.

I really hope Gainey keeps brooming the old dust out of the team and will not just send down Dwyer, Bouillon, Hainsey, Hossa or Komisarek, because they have two-way contracts and don't have to go thru waivers (??? the yougest ones at least).

I am scared to see Dykhuis and Traverse back on the team because of that .