View Single Post
Old
09-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Well, someone probably would... but along with the Devs paying in some blood along with him.
No one will take him but anyway, who cares? I do not.
Quote:
Being dangerous in the regular season is a far cry from being dangerous in the playoffs... as a Flyer fan, you should be well aware of this by now. We've had a lot of "dangerous" teams with high seeds that got put our of their misery relatively quickly.
I am aware. I am also aware that Devils were our best playoff match if we had to chose between Devils, Pittsburgh or Washington I would go with Devils even know I would love to beat Pens in playoff and send them packing. No idea why Devils won that last game.
Quote:
Not every team is beatable relying on an aggressive forecheck. If you're too aggressive against a steady puck moving group you're going to get burned with your forecheckers caught in deep and odd-man rushes going the other way.
Fine, if you are a good aggressive forechecking team you have a very good chance to win against any team.
Quote:
That's why puck moving D are so valuable... they back off the forecheck, and if it doesn't back off, they spring you on rushes.
It is but Devils can adjust. Losing Martin is big but not as big as losing Stevens, Niedermayer, Rafalski. They can adjust and they will adjust.
Quote:
And, no, I don't agree that the Devs could beat anyone but us in the 1st round... they might have faired better against other teams, but our seeding was a mirage as we were better than where we finished due to that absurdly poor stretch that led to the Stevens firing.
Name me a team Devils would not be able to beat on paper (with exception of Flyers). We were their worst nightmare, no question about it.
Quote:
Yes, because it's difficult to play with a player like Kovy... guys end up standing around watching a lot.
Again, thatís not really what happen. You think players were watching Kovy and thats why they lost games? NJ Devils players I mentioned (Parise, Elias, Rolston, especially Langenbrunner,) were not pulling their weight against the Flyers in playoffs. If anything Kovy was one of their best players. Him and Zubrus.

Itís not really difficult to play with players like Kovy just like itís not really difficult to play with players like Carter. It is easy to lose games with no support.
Quote:
However, we have the skaters to dominate play against most teams in the league right now, IMO.
Yet, Flyers had a so-so regular season, got very lucky in SO against Henrick and very favorable playoff matchups (Thanks Halak) all the way to SC finals. Stars were lining up for us last season. Disagree?

Jester, I do not want to write 500 words essays with you. Seriously, keep it to a minimum. Get to the point? What is your point? You do not think Devils are a good team, Flyers can beat them again? They wonít win SC? 1st round exit? Kovalchuk is cancer, will destroy their chemistry? Brodeur is too old? Devils did not improve in off season?