View Single Post
Old
09-07-2010, 03:13 PM
kivaerijo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
The only players I'm looking to replace are Sully, Ward, Smithson, and Goc. Oh and Belak.

Sully-----> Radulov

Ward------> Geoffrion or one of the 8 billion forwards in Milwaukee

Goc-------> Spaling

Smithson-------> Possibly Andersson if not, Thuresson.
sully is getting older, so i expect him gone in next couple years at least
smithson will also be replaced..but the thing about all of them is, if no one else is willing to pay top dollar for them, why not keep em. goc is making less than tootoo and also would be making less than spaling. and ward is only making 1.5 mil. a pretty nice contract for both those guys if you ask me. i understand that these kids need a shot, but if they arent showing much in those shots, why get rid of someone who is getting the job done for less. hopes and dreams that they will be a third line gretzky? and its not like these guys are going to break the bank.

sully/dumont and one of ward/goc will be gone soon enough...unless these guys dont hear from anyone else and they got to work right? they may play for league minimum. what are you going to do? take a veteran at league minimum for our 3rd and 4th lines, or put a rookie making more money that probably shouldnt be wasted on the bottom lines?

man i wouldnt want to be a gm..i understand you need to keep the farms flowing, and the process of youth moving along..but you know what you are going to get with ward and goc, and you have NO idea what geoffrion will do. (you are hoping for something good, but that doesnt always work out when they hit the bigs). tough tough job those gm's have

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote