Old
09-07-2010, 09:20 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Very funny, and very telling, that you really believe that the director of hockey operations on a real NHL team that actually scouts, signs and employs the players, based on reports from real scouts that have actually seen the players play and knows them personally, is no better qualified than an internet amateur to rank the prospects of those players ever playing in the NHL. The mind boggles.

I hope, when you got to the doctor next, you get someone who has actually been to medical school, as opposed to someone who read about being a doctor on the internet....
Why should I really believe them? They never turn out anyone. This organization treats any player who needs more than one full season in the AHL like damaged goods. And I don't know what doctors have to do with it, since that is plainly irrelevant (since, uh, people usually look things up on the internet, home remedies and such, before they go see a doctor, at least I do, and I'm pretty sure 99% of people who own a computer do too), but it's the usual shtick of someone who wants to hide behind the "I'm sure you know more than a professional hockey team sitting behind that computer of yours," cop-out.

This Chris Pryor fellow, please rattle off the laundry list of names of prospects he helped turned out by drafting, and developing them through the minor leagues - for more than one season (so you don't get Giroux or Darroll Powe as they each had no more than one full season on the Phantoms), into legitimate NHL players - since there aren't any on the Flyers. If you want to start your list with Randy Jones, I strongly advise against it.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote