Thread: Salary Cap: Next year's Habs
View Single Post
Old
09-08-2010, 12:36 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

vCash: 500
The D I would guess will be re-shaped the most. There are a lot of unanswered questions:

How will Markov play post injury? What will his demands be should he bounce back in good form?

Will Gorges be consistent? He was great in the playoffs but got off to a slow start IMO. What will Gorges' demands be if he has a good season?

How will Subban progress?

What will the other youngsters do?

Will Spacek stay injury free?

The list for d-men in 2011 UFA does not look overwhelming. Markov could be looking for a decent payday as it will be his last big contract I surmise. My best guess is Chara will re-sign with Boston.

On offense the core of Cammalleri, Gionta, Pleks and Gomez are pretty much in place so again the question remarks are Pouliot and AK. No telling if the Montreal media will succeed in running AK out of town. I can't say the list of UFA forwards is too overwhelming either.

# 1 Priority: Defense (Hamrlik although overpaid leaves a big void offensively and defensively).
# 2 Priority: Offense
# 3 Priority: Goaltending

Maybe squeeze coaching in there somewhere. LOL

I don't see much in free agency so IMO the kids will have to do some progressing. I would not discount the idea of re-signing some other guys besides the obvious.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote