Old
09-09-2010, 01:41 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCriddler View Post
I think he's a very good coach and i agree, the problem in philly was he was too familiar with everyone.

he coached a majority of his players in the AHL - or at least a good amount of them

and eventually that bond that is a positive can lead to a negative and when the entire team is heading to the gutter, the only thing you can do is fire the coach.

I wouldnt say it was that they stopped buying into him - the way they stopped with hitchcock, i think they were just too comfortable with him.

He'll be a great assistant coach / asset - i always thought he should have spent more time as an assistant but hitchcock/clarke being removed didnt allow for that.
It may not be what you mean, but there is a myth that still exists in Philadelphia about all the guys he was leaving behind from the Calder Cup team. A lot of guys touched on this on DNL thinking it was true. By the time Stevens left, only 3 Phantoms remained on the Flyers from the 2005 Calder Cup team. Carter and Richards were only there for the playoffs, and the other was Riley Cote.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote