View Single Post
Old
09-09-2010, 04:35 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Interesting. I wonder if this is just talk or an actual awakening and change in overall philosophy. I have nothing wrong with the dump and chase system in certain cases (i.e. the xxxx - Handzus - Simmer line is perfect for it) but I wonder how much of this has to do with the fact that we lost our best puck possession player and on the cycle in Frolov?

As others have said, this also takes capable top 6 players and we only have 2 right now (Kopitar and Brown) that can effectively enter the zone with the puck and speed and you can only put Brown in there when he keeps it simple. I really expect Kopitar to pick it up in this category though this year. He's too big and fast not to dominate in this area. Hopefully Brown will keep it simple as well and drive wide instead of always going for the one-on-one move. Maybe a guy like Richardson, if he ends up on 2nd line LW spot, can improve on this as well.

The presence of Scuderi and Mitchell in the top 4 on the backend should also hopefully allow DD/JJ to take more opportunities to jump in the rush and help with this as well.