View Single Post
Old
09-10-2010, 03:36 AM
Street Hawk

vCash: 500
Seriously....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
I'd be shocked if he retired. Even if he doesn't want to come back and play, he can sit the season on the IR and collect another 3.5m. I doubt he does that, he seems like the kind of guy that would want one more crack at a Stanley cup, but I doubt he's dumb enough to throw away 3.5m.
Who are these ******* on this board and others crying for Salo to retire. That's a decision he will make based on the recovery of this injury. No time frame on this injury. Trent Whitfield, an AHL/NHL tweener is going to miss the entire season with the same injury. Justin Williams missed about 3 months with the same injury. Hard to tell on the timeframe.

If the recovery goes poorly, I would fully expect Salo to call it a career. When that will occur, who knows. He could tell the team that he has to shut down his recovery and that he can't return this season sometime in early 2011 if things are progressing too slowly. This injury has likely soured other teams from considering him an option in free agency in 2011.

But, let the man retire when he's ready. His $3.5 million is going to be covered by insurance. That's why teams spends tonnes of cash on insuring their players each season.

Street Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote