View Single Post
Old
09-10-2010, 01:11 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Funny you should mention the Flyers, but was thinking specifically of their fans. Only like 3 years ago, and all years prior, when we played the flyers it seems like they owned the arena whenever they scored, just so many there, and it was annoying as hell. This past year, you would be lucky to find 50 flyer fans in the arean for any of their games, and they were barely noticable, you had to really look to notice them. The only game I noticed opposing fans at all was one game this past year, Montreal, and even that game I bet there were no more that 100 - 150 fans.
I hear ya Jaded.

You remember the late 70's?? There must have been say 1k Flyer fans that came in buses, for each of their games here. All siting together. Sounded like 5k.

I remember one game at the Civic arena, Flyers ended up scoring 10 goals. And probably after the 5th goal, the Flyer fans were doing the chant of, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, WE WANT 6". All the way up to 10 goals by the end of the game. It was great for them, haha, incredibly awful as a young Pen's fan.

td_ice is offline   Reply With Quote