View Single Post
Old
09-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Joe Cole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canad93 View Post
'Rolling with it' isn't really turning away from the hit. That can actually be very bad advice. You should just try to stay loose when you see a hit coming, and if you can, take the impact with your shoulder. I'm sure you know this by bantam age, but it's pretty imature to think that you're 'done' if you happen to look like you're hurt.
Why are you lost in semantics? When I said roll, I meant as the guy tries to hit you, you move in the same direction as he is hitting you from, therefore lessening the impact. Any small guy who survives in the NHL does exactly this. If I did not use the exact words that you would, it does not change the fact that it is what it is. Sheesh!

As for your second comment about being immature.... did that make you feel better to say that?

If you have ever played in real competition in any sport, you would know that you use what is available to you to get an edge on a team/player. That is just simple truth. And the guys who do not look for an edge, well...they are not trying to win.

The OP was talking about competitive hockey, not pick up hockey with your buds at the park. If he looks vulnerable, he will be exposed.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote