Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Ryan Potulny to Blackhawks (one year, $500k, two-way)
View Single Post
Old
09-10-2010, 09:23 PM
stardog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Not sure how you would rank adequate, but he doesn't really backcheck at all, and when he does try it's not really that effective because he is a pretty poor skater

3rd lines are usually energy lines, shutdown guys, and guys that are good on defense...especially when you have Bolland fixed at 3C, it most likely is a shutdown line...Potulny doesn't fit at all with that line, Pisani is a much better fit in that spot

To be effective, Potulny would need time that the Hawks aren't willing to give him...plus on a 2-way it is way easier to just let him play in Rockford and help out young guys
True. Pisani is much better suited for a third or crash line than is Potulny. I was just defending the notion that he is awful defensively, which he isnt. Problem with Potulny as I see it is that he has top 6 hands but not top six feet. The guy just knows how to score. Like I said, Ive watched him and liked his game since college. I would have thought by now his skating would have improved, but I suppose not.

stardog is offline   Reply With Quote