Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Ryan Potulny to Blackhawks (one year, $500k, two-way)
View Single Post
Old
09-10-2010, 09:26 PM
SDig14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog View Post
True. Pisani is much better suited for a third or crash line than is Potulny. I was just defending the notion that he is awful defensively, which he isnt. Problem with Potulny as I see it is that he has top 6 hands but not top six feet. The guy just knows how to score. Like I said, Ive watched him and liked his game since college. I would have thought by now his skating would have improved, but I suppose not.
Ya, you would think he could have improved his foot speed at least...some people just don't have the stride to get the top speed, but his quickness and acceleration should be better imo

He can get 20 goals in your top 6, and probably does have top 6 scoring potential (if your team has minutes to give it to him)...but with Brouwer, Hossa, Kane, Toews, Stalberg, Sharp all ahead of him, just no way he fits anywhere...and it would be a mistake to play him with Bolland imo

All this being said, still a quality signing...cheap guy to help on the top line in Rockford and not force all the forward prospects to step into the AHL and produce on the top line

SDig14 is online now   Reply With Quote