View Single Post
Old
10-03-2003, 05:49 PM
easton122

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
The hatred of Clarke is no more than a bandwagon thing. A lot of people dislike Bobby Clarke but they are too bull-headed to see all the good he has done for the Flyers. He has had some bad trades but has definitely made up for it with some other deals.

Bad Trades
Adam Oates for Oullet and some picks

Good Trades
Bag of Pucks for Amonte

Handzus and Esche for Boucher

Langkow for 1st Rounder (Carter) and a 2nd

Fedotenko and picks for a future Norris candidate

And im not even talking about his drafting skills we have had good picks in Gagne, Williams, Oullet, Woywitka, Carter, and Richards who all look like better players then where they were picked. Clarkes biggest fault is his PR. He is a complete moron when it comes to that and if I was Snider I would lock him in a room and have somebody else do the talking for him. He consistently builds a contender and does the best he can. The Adam Oates trade looked like a final step to a stanley cup team when he traded for the NHL's leader in assists. Do you guys think the guy with the most assists on a playoff team would come cheaply.

Clarke is by far not one of the worst GMs and even though I have followed him for years and completely biased towards him I consider him to be a top GM in this league and wouldn't choose anyone else to replace him.