View Single Post
Old
04-23-2005, 11:18 PM
ReggieMoto

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Word
It had not be the same tonight or all the work they have done to get to this point will have been wasted. Sadly I will miss tonights game because of work and will be looking forward to the game report. Think positive thoughts
Bad game to miss. The Monarchs showed up to play this one and it was a pretty decent show (gamesheet). The Bruins opened up the scoring pretty early in the first - again - but everyone seemed to shrug it off and got back to work. Lots of finished checks tonight. The ref, Koharski, was pretty much a numbskull all night, if you ask me. It seemed for a while like he left his whistle in the lockerroom, but then he started calling stuff. He was off and on most of the night. Kind of lame.

They finished the first tied at 2 apiece, with goals by Hilbert and Leahy for the Bruins, and Brown and Cammy for the Monarchs. After that, and a scoreless second, it was all Monarchs. Clarke nailed the game winner halfway through the third, and Schmidt put the icing on the cake on a 6-on-4, short-handed, empty net goal. Cammy stole the puck and broke away up the ice on an odd-man rush into the neutral zone. As the defender closed in on him, he laid a sweet pass center ice to Schmidt who was moving up ice all alone with him, and he took it just over the blue line and let it go straightaway into the open net.

Garon got lucky more than once. I thought for sure the Bruins were going to score a few times but somehow, someway either Garon stopped it or they missed the opportunity. Garon got laid out on one Bruins goal, but I missed it (out on a potty break with my son... ). I also missed Brown's goal.

All in all a pretty good effort tonight.