View Single Post
Old
09-15-2010, 10:12 AM
DenverBoone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
People are complaining about Powe possibly being put on waivers? Come on, the Flyers only have about five of Powe-type players with the Phantoms. Wellwood, Kalinski, Holmstrom, Harper and Labrecque are all guys with similar skill sets. Powe is a dime a dozen player and it's not as if the Flyers would miss a beat without him.

And Carcillo is replaceable as well. Honestly, he's a cheap rate version of Sean Avery, minus the skill. Avery's good for 15 goals, 30 points a year. Carcillo is nowhere near that level and never will be. I had big hopes for Dan because I thought he could be a goal scorer, especially when you consider that he scored goals in the OHL and AHL. But he just doesn't have the mentality to go without doing something stupid. If he gets 15 to 20 goals this year, I'll be the first to apologize for doubting him, but Carcillo offers nothing to this team.

Honestly, the Flyers are better off filling one of the top nine roles with a guy like Testwuide or Maroon. They can't be any worse than Avery or Powe.
Good objective post imho. As entertaining as Carcillo is, do we really need him anywhere in the top 12? Now that we are intent on dressing Shelley, cut the fat and move on.

DenverBoone is offline   Reply With Quote