View Single Post
Old
09-15-2010, 10:45 AM
jb**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
My problem is what happens to Powe/Kalinski/Nodl in the interim. Granted, players like them are a dime a dozen. But grooming them to step into Betts' role and keeping one or two of them with the team makes a hell of a lot more sense to me than giving that ice time to an old fart who isn't going to be around next season (God willing).

It's no different than picking up Matt ****ing Walker and giving him ice time over Bartulis. It's stupid, it's a waste of young, cheap talent, and all you're doing is stunting their development when Gawd knows the Flyers are going to need that cheap labour in the next couple of years.
Again it shows the lack of confidence they have in those players or it shows they believe they cant get the job done(which is sad since they drafted them). They should have let those guys fight it out in camp. If during camp they then determine they wont cut it then you go sign a vet player. These kids now they pretty much have no shot to make the team barring a great run in camp which they may not be capable of producing. Signing guerin seals their fate to make the team. It wold hurt to go a few eeks into the season seeing what on of them can do. The funny thing is htough i think nodl and kalinski make like 800k if they make the team, which is more than what guerin SHOULD get.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote