View Single Post
Old
09-15-2010, 12:49 PM
DubiDubiDoo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I'm not missing the point at all. He just as easily could've said "I like both in different ways" and been just as politically correct. I'm of the OPINION that Henrik's comments indicate that he prefers Torts' system and you and offda trying to convince me otherwise (based on your OPINION) doesn't make any of us right or wrong. It's not a big deal and I wouldn't have even addressed it except for the snide remark that followed from a "certain cloudy with a chance of showers" Rangers fan.
I listened to the interview live this morning and I have to agree with ODC, the first question asked of Hank, which I dont think anyone mentioned yet was -
"Why didn't Gaborik have a shot in the shootout against Philly?"-

His response was - "it's up to the coach"

you could here in his voice what he was thinking though, he thought damn right Gabby should have been shooting, but he did the right thing and towed the company line.

BUT, please let me add I did think there was some truth to what he said about Torts as well, but in a subtle way when he mentioned the "1st few weeks after Torts took over" how the increased offense took the load off a bit, it also seemed while he meant that, he doesnt believe that committment to offense continued as he mentions he still faces the same workload.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote