View Single Post
Old
09-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
I've said this before, but... when Roy Halladay is starting and we build up leads like this, I'm in favor of getting him out of the game as soon as possible, so as to save him from pitching any more innings than is absolutely necessary.

For example, with a 9-2 lead, I'd have even taken him out after the 5th. He's in line for the win and we're up 7. Give the mop-up dudes in the bullpen some work. Yeah, Herndon sucks, but he can pitch an inning without ****ing up too badly. Same goes for Romero, get him some work. Whatever.

6th: Herndon
7th: Baez
8th: Romero
9th: Contreras
I've been saying the same thing like all year. When would leave him in to get a complete game when we had a big enough lead to let the bullpen take care of it, and games like tonight. He's going back out there right now with a huge lead to pitch it hot humid weather when its clear he needs a break.

He has given up 10 hits tonight, that is not the Halladay we have seen for the majority of this year. We need him to be our best pitcher and right now he is clearly our #3. He needs a break, and Charlie needs to realize that.

EDIT: Maybe Charlie was checking in to see what we thought because he put Durbin in for the 7th lol. Who proceeds to let up a leadoff triple.