Thread: On the Radio: Henrik with Boomer and Carton
View Single Post
Old
09-15-2010, 09:29 PM
JimmyStart*

vCash: 500
I was talking to the guys who made horrible comments and since you responded I guess you have a guilty conscience.

This is exactly what I meant if you feel you make a good logical point (and YOU ironically did so thnx for the harsh response to further prove my point) than leave it at that and save the sarcasm and wit b/c it makes most of my FELLOW hockey nerds look like fools starving for attention.

It ain't always about the opinion itself what gets me is the way the opinions are delivered by a lot of people. I personally feel that ODC argued his point better than the people on my side of the arguement to the point where I felt
myself wanting to agree with ODC out of embarrassment that those were the type of people on my side. Thank god one or two posters with common sense came on and made logcial comments without arrogance or sarcasm.

Anyway to reiterate one more time I actually felt like YOUR comments were logical arguements even though i didn't agree with your stance I can't argue with your points. It's a shame that like I said on another thread the culture on this board seems to be guys looking for a fight because of one thing or another.

Honestly this is a place where it seems sometimes most people look to impose their opinions not share them. That's what annoys me. Also i lumped myself in with the rest of the people as hockey nerds including those who seem to have a high and mighty view of themselves. In reality we a re just nerds. I can't help but ask you if you thought I was critical of people's opinions and you honestly thought that I can't handle people's opinions than why was your respone to my opinion of people's opinions so harsh and why would you suggest I leave just b/c you didn't agree with my opinion. Seems very hypocritical to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Talk about looking for attention....jeez

and as for defending ODC, I did indeed provide an example of why I agreed with him, and it was an example using Hanks own words from the very same interview, clearly showing he has no desire to rock the boat or give his own real feelings on issues pertaining to the coach. When Hank talks about how it bothered him for weeks that they missed the playoffs, and he's asked why Gaborik didn't shoot in the shoot-out against philly, and he DOESN"T take the coach to task for not using their best player when it counted, the yes, we are justified in saying he doesn't want to upset the applecart.
I also went on to say that I believed Hank's assessment to point where if Torts system was working, he may be happier, but the truth is Torts system hasn't worked yet, and Hank said himself he's been under the same workload.
So fire back, with your high and mighty assessment of us hockey nerds, but I call it like I see, and I listened to the interview.
If you can't handle people sharing their opinions....and I know its hard ON A FORUM WHERE PEOPLE COME TO SHARE THEIR OPINIONS, then maybe you should be the bigger man and find a place where you can attack people instead of talking hockey.

Last edited by JimmyStart*: 09-15-2010 at 09:38 PM.
JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote