Thread: TSN: 30 Teams in 30 Days
View Single Post
Old
09-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Chruceg

vCash: 500
I think a big point that everybody is missing (except for maybe moses) is that the rankings aren't the opinions of anyone. There is a strict system that designates a numeric value for each player and then totals all the players. The sum total of each team is then ranked. Teams with good defenses and a lot of scoring depth yet lacking in high end talent (ie the Kings, Coyotes, and Predators) are consistently ranked lower. It's almost like the BCS except instead of several computers muddling the information there is just one. The Kings will most likely end up ahead of the 5-8 playoff teams left in the east and might get ahead of St. Louis and Phoenix. This puts them at roughly 10th. I voted twelfth though because the system undervalues LA so much.

I personally think their rating system is a joke. Mostly because it overvalues top end talent and undervalues depth. For example, the west is clearly better than the east one through eight; however, the West number eight seed is behind the East number nine seed? Seriously? This makes no sense.

Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote