View Single Post
Old
09-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Caps4Life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
It is probably irrelevant whether you and I agree on their financial capacity, since neither of us are in a position to make that assessment. Suffice to say that to those that matter, chiefly the City of Glendale, have publicly indicated that IEH could not or would not provide evidence of their financial capacity, and that they have therefore been eliminated as an ownership group. My main point is that this discovery should have come much earlier in the process, and I suppose that both the City of Glendale and IEH bear some responsibility for that.
I couldn't agree more. Based on the NHL's tepid reaction to IEH throughout, I suspect that they knew all along tat IEH did not have the financial wherewithal to buy the team. I would be surprised if they did not share this sentiment with the City. However, the City heard what they wanted to hear from IEH (we have the money and a much better deal for you), and now they are going to pay the price, whether that is a new owner who has them over a barrel or the loss of the franchise.